- Volunteer, Web Development for Women workshop (June 2017): Assisted participants in setting up the Rails environment on their computers during Installfest
- Visitor Center Host, Oxley Nature Center: Greet visitors; assist the public on the phone and in person with everything from finding the nature center (or the bathroom and water fountain) to using resources to identify unfamiliar plants, animals, or insects. 2014–present. As a member of the Marketing/PR committee, represent Oxley at local events such as the Mini Maker Faire and the Audubon Habitat Garden Tour
- Newsletter Editor, Grissom PTA: Compiled, edited, and formatted newsletter; created Microsoft Word template to simplify newsletter production (Example: October 2013 edition). 2013–2014
- Secretary, LaFortune Park Plaza Homeowners Association, 2009–2010; Vice President, New Haven Day School Parents Association, 2010–2011
- Copyeditor, Communications in Information Literacy (http://www.comminfolit.org), 2006–2009; Technical Director, 2006–present
- Assisted in editorial review for W3C specifications for CSS3 Selectors (acknowledgement)
Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreaders, 2003–2007
Board member, Parkside Community Association, Buffalo, NY: Participated in board activities; chaired the technology/web committee; designed and maintained the PCA website, 2000–2004
- Two stamp carving and letterboxing presentations, as part of the “Find Your Place” workshops, OU-Tulsa Schusterman Library, 2011. (Here’s a great article about these events in College & Research Libraries News, written by the organizers)
- "Blogging at the Desk: Using Blogs to Coordinate Reference Service in an Academic Health Sciences Library" (poster), with Michelle Zafron and Stewart Brower, Medical Library Association annual meeting, May 2005
Various presentations on the UB ePortfolio project, with Roberta Sullivan, 2003–2005
"LiTgloss: Engineering a Digital Archive for an International Curriculum," with Maureen Jameson et al., Inaugural Academic Program, University at Buffalo, October 2004; UBit Fair, June 2005
"Wading Into Streaming Media," with Beth Fellendorf, Erie Community College Summer Institutes, June 2003
Co-investigator, with Corky Brunskill and Sandy Peters, UB Faculty Ed Tech Grant 2004, "Electronic Portfolios"
Co-investigator, with Stewart Siskin, Curtis Haas, Patrick Smith, and Robert Wahler, UB Faculty Ed Tech Grant 2002, "An Interactive Case Study"
Information and Communication Professional